Friday, August 20, 2010

It was at this point that I began to doubt whether this song really existed.

Aww yeahhh, time to dump some phresh brainz up in this bitch.

First and foremost, I might have a semi-reliable job! Starting Monday next week I'll be on a two-day relief teaching trial, taking over from a teacher who has recently injured her leg. The school isn't sure she will be able to return to work anytime soon, so this is my big chance to make an impression. If the school thinks I am capable, I'll be taking her class on a 0.8 load until the end of this term, aka Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays!

There is a downside to this. Thierry arrives here on the 31st and is staying until the end of September. If the teacher cannot return to work before then and I am asked to assume a 0.8 teaching load, I won't be able to spend much time with him. To be fair, whenever I have visited him in Switzerland in the past, he has been working full time as well, so it might show him what it's like to be left alone at home all day. But there are other things I want to do in September as well such as go to Phuket, but this job will provide me with the funding to make that happen, so it's a real catch-22.

In other news, Rhubarb is doing really well! She's put on a bit of weight and isn't nearly as scrawny as she was when she first arrived. She has also started to click for our attention (kangaroos make clicking sounds to communicate with their mob) which is ADORABLE. You could be leaving the room for five seconds and she'll click like a broken pair of chattering teeth. We're hoping we can hold on to her for a few days after her owners return from overseas - that way Thierry can meet her before she goes home. I'll be sad to see her go!

I mean, I'll be sad, but I won't cry or anything. <_<"

No comments:

Post a Comment